Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cupcakes and tattoos

Cupcakes and tattoos are two of my very favorite things.  I had a fantastic weekend!

Friday, I had Pakistani food at Shalimar with a good friend.  It's one of my very favorite places to eat.  I then went and opened up my business account and went to Moxie to set up my display.  This isn't a very good picture, but it's all I have right now.  I took it with my phone.  This is my little store at Moxie!  It looks better now-  I have MUCH more hair stuff in the display on the right, and I have a coffee cup for the cozies to display one. 















After that,  I went by Ginger's Needlearts and picked up two Sublime Stitching patterns:  Pirates Ahoy and Carson Ellis.  I needed more patterns I could make boy onesies with.  I went home and when Allen got home, we went to Freebirds for dinner.  Then we drove all the hell over downtown Austin trying to find an ATM for my bank so I wouldn't have to pay an insane fee.  For the record, I wanted to get money out before going to dinner, but Allen said it would be better to get it downtown.  IT.  WAS.  NOT.  But that's okay.  There are ATMs, but they're in weird places and there's no parking.   I got money out and threw a small fit because the ATM was being a jerk, and I could only take out so much, and then I calmed down and went to get my tattoo.  I only have one picture of it right now, I'll get more and post them soon. 

Cara at True Blue is AWESOME.  She's beautiful, sweet, funny, and does amazing work.  Here's what she did to my arm.  It looks a little angry because this was the next morning, after it had been wrapped up all night, just after I washed it.  But it's lovely, and I am very pleased.  It's more beautiful than I ever could have imagined.  Just when I thought she was done, and that it couldn't get better, she'd add to it and make it even better!  I will definitely be visiting her for future tattoos!



















Saturday, we ate breakfast tacos at Taco Xpress, and then I was very sleepy because I didn't sleep well Friday, so I took a three hour nap.  Then I went to my friend Haylan's, where we made these cute cupcakes.  She is an amazing cake decorator as a hobby, and she knows how much I love cupcakes, and she got the "Hello, Cupcake" book, and the "What's New, Cupcake" books, and we followed the directions for the duck ones.  Here is the result.  They're not exactly like in the book, but they're not bad for a couple of schlubs.

Before yellow icing:














After yellow icing:














And here they are all done up!





























I definitely want to try more of the other designs!

Well, that's all for now.  I hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment