Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good smellin feet (and probaby TMI)

Everyone who knows me knows I do not wear socks in the summer. Actually, I don't wear socks about 90% of the time because it's always hot here. 

Anyone who doesn't wear socks or knows someone who doesn't wear socks knows that not wearing socks makes  your feet REALLY reek, especially if you wear the same shoes with no socks all the time.  I get home from work and poor Allen has to put up with my smelly feet when I take my shoes off.  Ewww.

I tried washing them, but I'm kinda lazy and being sort of chubby doesn't make it easy to heft my legs and feet up into the sink. Plus, then water gets all over the place.   I don't want to waste a ton of water putting my feet in the tub to wash them.  Plus, again, I'm lazy and would like something I could do in like 30 seconds.  So I was thinking about some antibacterial wipes or something that I could just quickly wipe my feet with.  Ones that smell good are sort of pricey and not many come in a pack and if I use them a few times a day, I'm gonna be throwing a ton of them, plus money, in the trash.

So, I racked my brain trying to remember my boss's recipe for reusable baby wipes.  I remembered she used tea tree oil, and then I kind of made up the rest from there.  This foot spray is inexpensive and I can just wipe my feet off with a rag after using it.  Here's how I did it!




















- spray bottle (mine only holds 8 oz, so adjust accordingly if you're using a bigger bottle)
- 2 tbsp Dr. Bronner's Pure Castille Peppermint Soap (I LOVE this stuff!)
- 2 drops Tea Tree Oil (this stuff is SUPER strong and does not smell good, so use it sparingly.  You may only need 1 drop for a small bottle like this.)
- 1 cup water

Put into a spray bottle and shake well.  Spray onto your feet and wipe off with a rag!  My feet feel really nice after using it.  The peppermint cools them off and makes them smell nice.  They feel super clean and soft.  The tea tree oil acts as an antiseptic so that the odor isn't just masked.  You can also add a little olive oil, but I forgot to!  This stuff doesn't dry my feet out so maybe it's not necessary.  And it's super quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment