Sunday, August 28, 2011

Key Lime Cupcakes

Tonight, I made amazing tacos.  There's not really a recipe, I just made them with McCormick taco mix and ground beef.  I heated the shells to make them crispy and added copious amounts of cheese, sour cream, and black olives.  I also had a margarita.  And then got the biggest hankerin to make
 margarita cupcakes.

But hold up.  I only make cupcakes for work or parties, because Allen and I will likely ever only eat a couple ourselves.  And I can't put alcohol in cupcakes I take to work.  I could get fired, and it's just not worth it.

So, I made Key Lime Cupcakes!
















The frosting made just enough for 11 cupcakes.  I was afraid if I tried to pipe it on, I may not have enough.  So, sorry they're not all pretty!  But they sure taste fantastic!  But  you know what's next.  The recipe!

Key Lime Cupcakes with Key Lime Frosting (makes about 10)

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1.5 tsp lime zest
1 cup soy (or regular) milk
1/4 cup canola oil (I actually left this out by accident and they came out just fine!)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat your oven to 350 F.  Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.

In a large bowl, beat lime juice, zest, milk, canola oil, sugar, and vanilla.  Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Beat until smooth.

Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.  Cool on a cooling rack completely before frosting.


For the frosting:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (that's one stick.)
1.5 tsp lime zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tbsp soy (or regular) milk

Beat the first four ingredients until creamy.  Add powdered sugar, lime juice and milk until the frosting is the desired consistency.








No comments:

Post a Comment