Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicken Scallopini

I promise I have at least three new things to show you that are craft-related!  I just need to iron them first!  And they are MUCH better that those Jordnots I butchered!

In the meantime, here is another delicious dinner that I made.  I had to take a picture with my iPhone fast before my stomach took over and made me eat it up!

Chicken Scallopini
Keep in mind that this is not a super saucy dish.  The amount of sauce this made was enough for me and Allen to enjoy, and since the sauce is pretty bold, it's best if you don't have a ton anyway!




















1 clove garlic, pressed or just smashed
1/4 cup margarine (I didn't even use this much, maybe 1/8 cup)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut very thin (I'm lucky enough to have a supermarket that already does that for me nearby!)
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp lemon juice (I found this to be a bit tart- maybe 1 or 1.5 tbsp)
1/4 cup white wine
pasta (as much as you want- I did two handfuls of whole wheat spaghetti noodles to keep it simple)

In a small bowl, mix the butter and garlic.  Set aside.  Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken breast through.  Melt the butter and garlic in a pan.  Put your pasta on to cook.  Cook the chicken on each side for about 6-8 minutes. I sprayed with Pam a little of the way through to make sure it didn't stick too badly.  Remove the chicken and set it on a paper towel.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

In the pan, stir the mushrooms, lemon juice, and white wine and scrape up all the burned bits from the pan.  Simmer them together for about 5 minutes, stirring often.  Add a little more margarine if you think you need to.

Drain your pasta and put some on a plate or in a bowl.  Put the chicken breasts on top and top off with the sauce.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment