Monday, September 12, 2011

Two very easy and delicious dinners

I would like to discuss two very delicious and very easy dinners that I have nommed on the past two nights.

The first is a very easy chicken teriyaki meal.  I usually make my own sauce, but I was feeling very lazy and had a lot to do.  So, I went to my local supermarket and picked up the following:

a Simply Asia Ginger Teriyaki sauce packet
chicken breast
Annie Chung's vegetable and pork potstickers
a bag of stir fry vegetables that contains water chestnuts, mushrooms, some funky delicious flat mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and a bunch of other goodies!

I marinated the chicken in the sauce for about half an hour.  Pour into into a pan and saute about 10 minutes.  Add the vegetables and saute another 5-7.  Serve over rice. I boiled the potstickers to avoid pan frying them, as I wanted to keep it healthier.   It seriously was just as good as anything I'd get in a restaurant.  I am a HUGE HUGE fan of these sauce packets and shall stock up when I get paid again!

Okay, the second dinner I did was an easy chicken parmesan.

Parmesan Crusted Shake n Bake
Thinly sliced chicken breast
whole wheat spaghetti
pasta sauce
shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, asiago)

Preheat your oven to 400 F.  Put your chicken breasts in a bag with the Shake N Bake and shake it up really good (one at a time, please.)  Bake the chicken for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, boil water for your pasta and cook that up.  When the chicken is done, the pasta should also be.  But keep an eye on the pasta and don't let it get too mushy.

Take the chicken out of the oven and put some pasta sauce and cheese on.  Put it back in and bake for about 5 minutes.  Put the pasta on a plate or in a bowl and put some sauce and cheese on it.  Top it off with your chicken breasts!

I'm every so sorry that I did not get pics of this food.  I ate it entirely too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment