Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cake Pops Results!

So, I purchased the Babycakes cake pop maker.  I wouldn't necessarily give it a bad review.  It just didn't work to my liking.

It's awfully cute, though!















I used the tablespoon of batter that was recommended.  That overflowed and made a huge mess.  You can't tell in this picture, but it did when the pops were done.
















So for the next batch, I used less.  Rather than nice round balls, my cake came out in sort of flying saucer or even almost stumpy mushroom shapes.
















I thought I'd go ahead and try to decorate them anyway.  I refrigerated them overnight, since it was like 11 pm when I got done making them.  I dipped the lollipop sticks in a little bit of melted candy and stuck them in 12 balls before refrigerating the whole lot.  The sticks didn't stay in the cake balls when I dipped them into the candy melts, which is what is recommended for dipping.  That was AGGRAVATING.  I tried icing.  That only weighed the balls down and pulled them down onto the stick, where the stick was coming out of the top.

I will concede that I may not be doing this right.  But I looked on several sites and I looked at several YouTube videos.  Most people are making the cake balls by hand.  So, I think that maybe the cake pops maker doesn't make the balls dense enough to hold the sticks.  Or I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what that may be.

So as not to waste all of the cake balls, I used tongs to dip the top part into the candy melts.  I melted and colored icing and drizzled it over them and use sprinkles.  They didn't come out too bad.
















So, the cake pop maker will be going back to the store.  I was thinking of keeping it to make muffin balls and possibly cornbread bites, but if they turn out that funky shape, I don't want nothin' to do with 'em!

Next up, I will talk about the brownie pops I have started!!!  Here they are, I just have to refrigerate them for a bit!

















No comments:

Post a Comment