Sunday, October 16, 2011

Heart-Shaped Taco Pie

Although my cake pop experiment didn't quite go as planned, something else did..
















YUM!

I took a puff pastry sheet and cut two hearts out of it with a gigantic heart-shaped cookie cutter.  I sprayed a piece of foil with some non-stick spray and put the hearts on top of it.  I put a mixture of refried beans, taco meat leftover from the other night, and cheese on one half.
















I put the other heart on the top and crimped the sides with a fork.  I sort of over-filled, but it's okay.
















I popped it in the oven for about 20 minutes.  I topped it with cheese and chowed down.  The ONLY thing I would change is I think I will use the lower sodium taco seasoning.  With the salty pastry and the regular seasoning, the pie was a little on the salty side.  But it was very, very good and I will be making more of these in the future, for sure!

You can put whatever in these.  I may try a chicken pot pie kind of filling next time.  You can make sweets as well!

1 comment: