Saturday, January 28, 2012

Customized hand painted mugs

If anyone is still keeping up with this blog, I appreciate your patience with me!

I promised to try to do a DIY each week.  Last weekend, my sister got married, so I wasn't able to blog.  So, I will blog about part of her wedding gift!




















My brother-in-law (that still sounds so weird!) drinks a ton of coffee, and now that they got a nice Keurig coffee maker for Christmas, so does my sister!  So in addition to buying them some great stuff for their new home, I made them some mugs, inspired by Red Velvet Art! (http://www.shopredvelvet.com/)

To make your own customized mugs, you will need:

Mugs, of course
a hot oven
ceramic paint- I used Folk Art Enamels for ceramics
paintbrushes

Clean and dry your mug, and then paint the design you want..  You may need to do a couple of coats.  Let it dry completely for an hour (or with the Folk Art paint, you can just let it dry for 21 days).

I followed the directions on the ceramic paint, which said to put the mugs into a cold oven, turn it on for 350 F, and bake for 30 minutes.

















These mugs need to be hand washed.  Also, read the precautions on your paint- not all of it can come in contact with liquid or food.




1 comment:

  1. wow great work I like you customised mugs with hand made printing .
    thanks for sharing this with us.
    Personalised mugs

    ReplyDelete