Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Getting back into embroidery

So, I really kind of stopped doing embroidery for a while and focused on cross stitching. I have missed embroidery, though, and thought I would revisit it this year. I wanted to start with a couple of pretty simple things, and so I got this cat planchette that Cate Anevski designed and I got back into it!
I like how it came out. I don't like how my stitches aren't as clean on this one as they used to be, but it's been over 4 years since I have embroidered so I guess that's to be expected. I also started on this one by either JagerAndYarn or Junebug and Darlin' on Etsy. I don't have the info in front of me. As I was stitching it up, my sister asked if I could do one for her, and since I hadn't gotten far, I told her I would give her this one. It's in her kitchen. My stitches look much better on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment