Monday, September 30, 2024

Crybaby Cross Stitch

Sometimes I see a cross stitch piece that's only for sale in a kit or as a finished piece. I don't do the kits because I waste too much floss and stuff doing them, and I don't buy completed pieces because part of the joy of a cross stitch piece is knowing that I completed it myself. So I often find myself copying the piece and stitching it up for myself. I never sell them and I always give credit where credit is due. Sometimes I don't even post them. Crybaby crossstitch on Etsy has some great patterns. I think these are the first of hers I did. This one is a finished piece she is selling, but I wanted to stitch it up for myself. I was actually experimenting with marking the aida before doing the cross stitching and seeing if it would show through or not, so I grabbed a scrap piece of glittery aida and stitched it up. Then I decided well, I can't just leave it unfinished, but I couldn't find a hoop or frame that fit it, so I made a frame from Perler beads.
I purchased this pattern from Crybaby Cross stitch. I have several in queue to work on. I love the fabric. I purchased it at Needlewerkes in Copperas Cove years ago, but it was a smaller piece and I while I loved the color, it was kind of pricey and I was saving it for the perfect project. This was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment