Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jonesy gets her Groove Back

Lately, I have felt a little uninspired and uncreative. I had a craft night for a benefit I'm helping with later this year, and I did make some cute bows (can't show them now, they're supposed to be a surprise), but other than that, I haven't really been doing anything crafty. When I pick up something for embroidery, I find I'll do it for like 5 minutes and then get bored with it. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Last night, I was really down about this. So, I decided to do something about it! I picked up a short embroidery project and set my mind to finishing it. I thought, if I just worked past the point where I said, "Meh, next," then I could get back into it. And it worked!



















I stitched up this little lady by Cate Anevski. I love her creepy-cute illustrations! This one is currently residing at my desk at work, and it makes me happy every time I look at it! I think part of my problem is that I have SO many things I want to try, I get overwhelmed and when I step back, I step too far back and just sort of get out of it. Or maybe it's just one of those things that I'll do like a maniac for a while, stop for a little bit, and then get right back into it. That's been the pattern so far.

I think of all the stuff I do, embroidery and cross stitch are what I'm best at. That and making bows. They're also my favorite things to do. I think if I just focus on those and not worry about a million other things I want to pick up right now, I'll be able to get back into the swing of things.

We're moving into a bigger apartment later this year. It will give me more of a chance to decorate and I'm thinking of stitching up a few of Cate's flowers for the bathroom. That's the only room in the house that's not got at least a few of my stitchy projects. I also would like to stitch some guest towels for the second bathroom, and some new tea towels for the kitchen. So maybe that'll help me get back into the swing of things, too- focus on stuff for the house!

Well, the hour is growing late, and I should probably get some rest. I have a full day of work tomorrow and then a 3.5 hour drive back home, and then a crazy weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment