Friday, October 29, 2021

WTF Etsy?

I make these cool needlepoint accessories (or at least I think they're cool), and while they are definitely extra, they are also quite useful. I have had them up in my shop for a while but haven't sold a one.  The algorithm or whatever Etsy uses, I guess, is fucked up, because  when I search for my actual items, they never show up, so I'm sure no one is even seeing them. Maybe I'll try another site to sell on.  Etsy sort of sucks for selling.  


 1. Scissors fobs. These are meant for embroidery scissors because they're small and oftentimes go walkabout if you are stitching with a group. Or you lose them in the couch cushions and "find" them with your asshole later. I made a ton of these.
2. Needle threader fobs. I can't see for shit in my old age, and so it's very hard for me to thread needles. I bought a 20 pack of some really simple, really handy threaders, and saw an opportunity to also make fobs for these. This is really handy for the same reason the scissor fobs are. I remember before I made myself one, I was always losing my threader, since it's so tiny. But with a fob, it's much harder to lose!  I made this one to sell but started using it for myself.  I love these things.

3. Stitch pickers- basically these are long pins I stuck a bunch of beads onto. They really help when you need to carefully remove stitches you've messed up on. I love these.
4. Needle Minders. We have already discussed the badassery of the needle minder, and I sort of collect them as well as make my own.

I decided to open up submissions for the holidays. I used to do that and I really loved doing all the stitching, even if it was a lot of work. I haven't done that in a long time, and I had mild success with this sort of thing on Etsy a while back. It was a lot of fun! I did it on my terms as to not get overwhelmed and that worked out really well.  So, we'll see if I get any submissions.  If not, that's okay! (I bet I get zero submissions and then randomly during the year, I get tons.  Like if I don't say specifically "I can do stuff for you!" people hit me up at the worst times..)

No comments:

Post a Comment