Thursday, October 10, 2024

Recent Facebroideries

I have finished a few more Facebroideries, and I have one more to go and then I think I will have done most of the ones I really like. These will go in the giant collage that's in our bathroom.

I have really gotten the embroidery bug again, and I think it's due to reading over my old posts. I started that one in my early 30s and since I'm now in my late 40s so of course, I have grown in a lot of ways. I think back when I started this blog, I was trying to mimic other popular bloggers. Now, that's not at all important to me, and no one even reads this blog I'm sure, but I'm no longer doing it for others. I'm doing it for myself and if people happen upon it, that's great and if they don't, that's not a problem. Since embroidery and cross stitch are such a huge part of my life, I just like to have them to look back on, and to read what was going through my mind at the time I completed them. I have learned a lot since I started the blog. I try not to critique myself too harshly anymore, because who cares? It's something I do for fun. It's not a competition and I don't sell my pieces anymore. So what if there is a stitch out of place? I may, now and then, say something like "Oh the stitches are wonky" etc but... sometimes I may not! I try not to critique, I said. 

I feel like this one is just about perfect. I am happy about the colors I chose. This is the fabric I almost got my ass kicked getting (I told the story in the previous entry).

This one is pretty good too. Not as good as the other one, but it's still cute. I'm happy with the fabric I chose for it. I got this fabric during the same trip where that girl at the fabric counter acted like she wanted to assault me, and I thought it would be cute to do a facebroidery on it, because it would look like freckles, but then I decided to do this animal one. I'm not sure what he is, but he's cute. I may do another human facebroidery on the other piece of the fabric.


I started that one on my lunch break yesterday and finished it watching the season premier of 1000 Lb Sisters. That is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't normally do reality shows, but I like the ones with very obese people. It's fascinating to me how one gets to that point, and also watching their journeys to losing the weight is really interesting to me. So I love these shows! I understand that this one and the 1000 Lb Best Friends is likely staged a bit. The ones like Too Large and My 600 Lb Life, however, are more serious, and I really like those too. I only see one season of Too Large, and I'm not sure why. I liked that one. I also like Hoarders. Okay, I'm getting WAY off topic.

There is one more I have printed out on the Stick N Stitch stuff that I will probably work on today and then post it.  I'm very excited to revisit some of my earlier pieces after that one!  I have a lot of fat quarters (I hoard those) and since I like to do the Cate Anevski stuff on them, I think I'll probably do a couple of hers that I did in the past but gave away.  I may not even get around to Christmas stitching this year, other than the Wild Olive ones I've already done!

No comments:

Post a Comment