Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Ode to Mah Sustah

This post is dedicated to my little sister. I don’t get to see her NEARLY enough, and she's been on my mind today. She’s about 6 years younger than me and when we were kids, we were typical sisters. One minute, we were snuggled up together reading or watching TV, and the next minute, I was slamming her head in the door (TOTALLY on accident, I felt really horrible about that). We have the same twisted sense of humor and love for all things morbid. As adults, I can say I have never slammed her head in the door. And she is REALLY funny. I’m very proud of the woman she has become. She’s a badass mom, she’s very strong, and doesn’t take a lot of crap off of people. At the same time, she is kind and thoughtful, and overall has a good head on her shoulders. She has found a wonderful man to call her husband, and he takes good care of her, though she doesn’t really need taken care of. But hey, that’s my sister, worship her like the motherfuckin’ queen she is! Now, back to that same twisted sense of humor- I have done several stitched pieces for her, some of them she has requested and some of them I just did for her. You know that meme with the “ERMAHGERD” girl? It’s something we have laughed at until we cried over the years, all of the different versions of it. So when I saw this, I HAD to make it for her.
I made this for her as a request. What’s funny is that she had it hanging in her fancy bathroom. I think that since they have purchased a house, her husband has asked her not to hang things like that up (I get it, I’m not offended. He thinks it’s funny, but he a lil fancy.) BUT it hung for a couple of years at least!
Then of course… ERMAHGERD ERNAMERNTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment