Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kniftyyyyyy Knitterrrrrrrrrr!!!

Hi.  I am here to tout the amazingness of the Knifty Knitter knitting looms.

I cannot knit.  I just can't keep up with what I'm doing.  And I don't have a lot of patience.  So, I started looking at these last year.  I had a look, and then looked at the instructions, and, for some reason, decided it was way too complicated for me. 















Recently, while at Joann Fabrics, I saw a single loom for a baby hat.  I picked it up, deciding that if I couldn't do it, it was cheap, and just one, and I could give it to someone.  I brought it home, and waited a couple of days.  It was intimidating me from its new home in my cute little avocado green vintage Samsonite vanity case.  I finally took it out, grabbed some yarn, took a deep breath, and dove in.

It's actually incredibly easy to use a round loom.  I can't speak for the longer ones, but I'd like to try them.  I decided to make a hat, and make a tiny hat, I did.  Yes, admittedly, after starting over, seriously, three times.  But, I just tried to look at it as practice, and not failure, and I finally came up with this cute little thing!



















The ONLY thing I'm worried about now is, will it fit the baby for which I made it????  I just don't know, and that's what scares me.  I may dampen it and stretch it.  But I used the loom for baby hats, so maybe it will work.  Or maybe the yarn isn't stretchy enough.  I dunno.  I'm gonna give it to the Mommy tomorrow, and tell her if it doesn't fit, I'm sorry.  :(  boo.  So, let's hope it fits!

I am now working on a bright blue beret type hat for someone, but I dunno who yet.  I highly recommend these looms, especially if you can't seem to pick up knitting!

I also have a really cool cross stitch that I am DYING to show, but can't just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment