Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mini embroideries and tom-bakery, as promised

Sooo, first, I will talk about my delicious banana bread bites.  During my shopping excursion this weekend, I purchased a Wilton brownie bite pan.














With this, I shall make tasty treats for all!!

Okay, so I decided to try some little banana bread bites and drizzle them in chocolate.  Bananas and chocolate are a good combination right?





























HELL YES.

And here's my recipe. 

2 ripe mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted butter (I actually used margarine because I didn't have butter!)
1 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup soy milk (or regular milk, soy is just all we had)
nuts of your choice (or not- but I used walnuts)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I found myself sans vanilla extract, and instead, chanced it and used rum extract.  It works.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1.5 cups flour (I used unbleached, but whatever)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. 
Mix salt, baking soda, and flour.  Set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir the sugar and melted butter.  Add the vanilla and mix well. 
Combine the dry ingredients with the wet.  Stir well.  Add the egg, milk, and anything else, and mix it all up. 

Pour into cupcake cups, or brownie bite pan, or whatever.  Sprinkle with a little sugar and bake, checking every 10 minutes if you're doing cupcakes. My little brownie bites took about 10 minutes to bake. 

I then just melted some chocolate bark and drizzled it on the bites.  THEN, I put them in the cupcake cups, just to keep them from getting dry and sticking together if you're putting them in a carrier or something to take elsewhere. 

Okay, and now, here are some more small embroideries!































No comments:

Post a Comment