I've been a busy bee learning new crafty things and discovering new things.
1. I got a yo-yo maker to make yo-yos. In case you don't know what they are, the easiest way to describe is that they are round discs of gathered fabric that you can embellish to make a bunch of stuff. I've only made two and I need A LOT more practice. The two I made are at work, I'll bring them home and photograph them and then post them here in an edit.
2. I'm TRYING to learn to crochet. I can do a chain stitch, but just barely. I have a lot of practicing to do.
3. I have been working on a couple of ideas for cute felt things. I MUST get this book:
I want to make cute things! I'll probably actually order it tomorrow.
4. I just got my Black Apple pattern in from Sublime Stitching. I can't wait to start on it. I actually have SO MANY patterns now that I never know what to stitch next.
5. I went through all of the patterns I've printed from downloads and wrote down what I've printed out. I made table of contents pages by just pasting together smaller images so when I put all of them in my binder, I'll know where to find things more easily. I still have a ton I need to print out as well.
My friend is getting married next weekend and she's asked me to do the cake. I spoke to a friend who is going to help me with the cake. We filmed the first episode of what is possibly going to be a cooking show on YouTube, maybe even a podcast one day. I've busted my ass at the gym. All of this, and I still found time to embroider a couple of things:
Here is a bee. I found this picture online and decided to do my own. It's got a funky leg that I screwed up on. Man, I suck ;)
And here is another WildOlive pattern. It was sort of hard to get the little stitches just right, that's something I need to work on. BUT I did learn how to do a French knot, which I used for the eyes.
I am a visual learner, and some things, I have to actually watch being done before I can do them. I read a ton of explanations on how to make French knots, and I tried and tried, and finally gave up. Then I decided to stop being a jerk, and I found a video on YouTube for French knots. They are SO easy. And all I needed to do was watch them being done. Yay!