Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Let's Make Cute Stuff Episode One

There are so many cute little projects in "Let's Make Cute Stuff" that I didn't know where to start. I decided to make a couple of little purses. One of the cool things about this book is that it showed me the easiest way to put a zipper in a pouch. I learned to put zippers in from someone who apparently liked to do things in a very complicated way. But now, I can make tons of these. And I am thinking about coming up with my own designs and maybe selling them on etsy. Here is my "Bad Guy" coin purse. It's my first attempt at such a thing, and I think it came out pretty good. Looking closely with my hyper-self-criticizing eye, there are a few things I need to work on, like the stitching is showing a little on the bottom seam, but I'm very pleased with it. So was my boyfriend's cat. I put it on her just fooling around, and then when I took it, she grabbed for it. She was very interested in it. He is super cute, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment