Monday, October 23, 2023

Weekend Stitching

Just couple of weekend finishes! Our local stitch group, Austitch, had a meet-up yesterday, and I've never been to one, and since I found myself free, I went along. I chose a Cate Avnevski Facebroidery pattern and some cute fabric I got from Spoonflower years ago to work on, since I am between projects and wanted something that wouldn't take concentration of counting in case I wanted to converse. It was at a brewery and we sat outside. True to Texas, it was like almost 90 degrees on a late October afternoon. So I was only able to stand about an hour of sitting in that heat, even with a beer and shade. So I had to leave. I finished my piece last night watching Suspiria (the OG one, which is... just a really weird movie and watching it again, I was a little disappointed in it). I love how it came out, and I'm happy with the colors and fabric I chose. I like to do a patterned fabric with these since a lot of them have a lot of blank space because I am not an embroidery painter- I am not spending 6 hours filling in large spaces with floss. And honestly, I think mabye doing these on patterned is sort of what the creator envisioned when she made these into embroidery patterns (not only because that's how I want to do them LOL but when she posted a picture of some she had completed, they were on patterned fabric as well).
I also finished this one by PeachNeedlebyBrandy on Etsy. I stayed up way past my bedtime Friday finishing this one out while watching Judge Judy on streaming. It was a Stick N Stitch, which means the transfer stuck onto the fabric and then you wash it away when you're done. I didn't do very well with this one. Some of my stitches are wonky, there is space between them (which I find often happens when I am using the Stick N Stitch transfers- maybe because I can't see good enough to make sure the stitches are indeed flush against each other, I dunno), and the stitches are too short, and I don't like the wobby look it gives them. Oh well. I have to accept that I haven't done embroidery for YEARS and it's gonna take me a while to get back to the level at which I was before cross stitching became my main thing...
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment