Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Really Cross Stitch

I wouldn’t actually say I’m a feminist. I believe in gender/gender fluid equality, I am proud to be a woman, I am all about the divine feminine and women’s power, and you will often hear me talk about how men have so totally fucked us beyond any hope of repair.. Wow, I guess I sort of am a feminist, I’m just a bit more quiet about it. Anyway, I bought this book a couple of years ago called Really Cross Stitch by Rayna Fahey. The patterns are political in nature, which I didn’t actually realize when I purchased it, but that’s okay, because political cross stitch will always be a thing. So far, I’ve done four pieces from this book. I kept two and gifted two. This is my favorite piece from the book, and I wanted to do it for my sister, because, well. However, while my sister is one to stand up when she sees injustice, and of course is super into woman power, she’s not got the activist energy that my other friends do. So I did this one for my friend Liz.
I did this one for a friend, but decided to keep it because it’s from a show called Father Ted, and I think it’s funny. I did her another one…
This one I did for my friend Rebecca. She’s a Star Wars fan, and this quote has been stitched and plastered all over Genereal Leia merch. I love the sentiment, and I love how it’s associated with General Leia (she was my hero when I was a little girl), so I thought it was more appropriate for her than the other one, though I can totally hear her saying “Down With…This.. Sort of Thing..”
And this is hanging in my bathroom. The guy who came in to redo our shower thought it was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment