Friday, October 20, 2023

2023 Ornaments So Far

Christmas is my favorite holiday. It's been hard for me the past few years, having lost both grandparents that I was very close to within a year of each other, and they were always so very excited about Christmas. I can't think too much about it, or I'll get sad and I don't want to be sad, so I'll just leave it at that. Christmas makes me miss them, but I really try not to let it get me down too much, because they wouldn't want me to be sad at that time.

I KNOW. It is TOO TOO EARLY to start thinking about Christmas, because we haven't even hit Halloween yet. And I'm honestly only thinking about it because I wanted to get a head start on my holiday stitching. So, I made quite a few ornaments. I usually make one for my sister, one for my mom, and one for all of my friends, and I end up keeping a few for myself.

I did this one from a few different snowflake patterns I have. The fabric is sparkly, but the picture didn't pick that up :(
The next couple are from a vintage pattern from PearlShoreCat on Etsy. These make me think of ornaments my grandparents had.
The next couple of ornaments are from CrossstitchByCoconut on Etsy. They are part of a pack of 100 Creepy Christmas patterns.
My husband and I are huge Seinfeld fans, and I like to do a little cross stitch for him now and then, so while I was at my ornament stitching, I did this one for him really quickly. He has it hanging on the wall by his desk :)
This is one is from TheBadWitchCrafts on Etsy. She did an advent calendar last year and this was one of my favorites.
Lastly, of course, I have to do a skullflake! This one is from StitchxLove on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment