Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Scotland's Story

I have always known there is a lot of Scottish ancestry in my family, but recently, I found out that you can trace our roots right back to Robert the Bruce, first king of Scotland and free-er of the Scots from English rule, and that our ancestry is 61% or more Scottish. I have always loved Scottish things and people, and three of my very favorite bands are from Scotland- Cocteau Twins, Teenage Fanclub and Belle & Sebastian. My favorite Doctor is also Scottish- Mr. Peter Capaldi! We were also lucky enough to be able to spend a week in Scotland for our anniversary this year. It is the most magical place I have ever been. I cried when we had to come home. I cried this morning when I saw something I purchased in Scotland. I am homesick for a place I have never lived in! We will definitely be going back. The point of all this is that I am very proud of my Scottish heritage and also that I found an Etsy shop called SonofaCrossStitch, and it has quite a few Scottish slang and insult cross stitch designs.
For more Scottish insults, check these out for starters (once you get past these, a lot of the websites have the same ones): https://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardle/chew-mah-banger https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/21-best-scottish-insults-22931947

No comments:

Post a Comment